Museum im Torturm
Tower rooms in the gate tower
The municipal Upper Gate Tower was built around the year 1300 as a part of the town’s fortifications. The gate tower houses the former tower residence and the municipal prison. One room in the museum is devoted to folklore items and old apparatus offering an insight into earlier times. The bell cage and the bells of the Evangelical church can also be seen. Visitors who scale the steps up to the viewing gallery will be rewarded with a fine view of Neuenstadt and its surroundings.Interested visitors also have the opportunity to visit the Ducal Crypt (1650-1782) in the catacombs of the Evangelical municipal church.
Opening hours: by appointment
Telefonnummer: +49 (0) 7139 97-23 or Telefonnummer: +49 (0) 7139 97-0